general gardening questions from level 1 training classes
- Why are my onion bulbs small in my garden? Response.
- How do I grow Japanese Maple Tree in our zone? Response.
- How come my Japanese Maple Tree died?
- Using a Fertilizer Calculator - by Craig Saxe and Justin Eckelberg, UW-Extension, in determining amount of amendments to add to your soil based on soil testing for gardens and lawns.
- What kind of manure is the best to use? Response from study at Pennsylvania University.
- What is best variety of blue berries for our zone? Response from Blue Clay Berry Farm.
- What are some general tips about how to grow blue berries? For more info on vendor who grows blueberries in SW Wisconsin.
- How do I amend soil to grow blueberries in my garden? Response from Ivy Trails, Garden Center, Green Bay, WI.
Can I grow blueberries in containers? Response from UW Extension, XHT1192.
other popular topics for class discussion
- Several interns presented presentations that show some resources that are beneficial for gardeners. Check out Natasha's info on her favorite tomato cages and tools.
http://youtu.be/y0pKjYtpoc0 is a presentation by Marilyn on using Supertunia® Vista Silverberry Petunia hybrid by Proven Winner in hanging baskets.
- How to contact the pathology lab in Madison? Click here for Plant Diseases Diagnostic Clinic.
- What is Olla? Presentation by Intern, Laura, on using Ollas and info about Olla gardening by Curtis W. Smith, NMSU Extension Horticulture Specialist.
- How to find a list of seeds that would show which varieties were recommended for disease resistance? Dr. Craig Grau recommended Cornell University during presentation.
Questions about General Gardening Topic