How to become a certified master gardener
- 36 hours of Level 1 Basic Master Gardeners' education classes which includes the videos and the interactive portion of classroom training.
- View the requirements for applying to begin the training.
- Complete written take home test, proof of mandatory reporter training session, background check, and 24 hours of volunteer time within one year of class.(NOTE CHANGE FOR 2020)
- Online Training videos for Level 1: http://blogs.ces.uwex.edu/mgvlevel1/
- Class schedule/syllabus for Level 1 beginning January 6 - June 2020.
- Visit the Wisconsin Master Gardener web site at http://wimastergardener.org/.
Photo taken by Kathy Kubitz in her yard on March 7, 2020. Thanks Kathy for sharing the spring look you captured!
MGVs are required to complete a minimum of 24 hours of volunteer service in one or more locally approved projects annually and a minimum of 10 hours of continuing education after the first year in order to be certified.(NOTE CHANGE FOR 2020) - We are in the process of reporting hours online, check out how to activate your profile.