How to become a certified master gardener
- 36 hours of Level 1 Basic Master Gardeners' education classes which includes the videos and the interactive portion of classroom training.
- Complete written take home test, proof of mandatory reporter training session, background check, and 24 hours of volunteer time within one year of class.
- Online Training videos for Level 1: http://blogs.ces.uwex.edu/mgvlevel1/
- Planning on offering a training class beginning January 2020.
- Call our local Extension office (608-723-2125) and we can add your name to the list for the next class. More info at the Orientation meeting on Jan. 6, 2020.
- Read more about the training offered by the MG Program Office
- Benefits of being a Master Gardener Volunteer.
- Steps for applying for training in Grant County. Go to http://grant.uwex.edu/agriculture/becoming-a-master-gardener/steps-to-become-a-master-gardener/
- Visit the Wisconsin Master Gardener web site at http://wimastergardener.org/ for more information about the programs.
MGVs are required to complete a minimum of 24 hours of volunteer service in one or more locally approved projects annually and a minimum of 10 hours of continuing education after the first year in order to be certified. We are in the process of reporting hours online, check out how to activate your profile.